I just recently went through a breakup. We had been together for two years.
It is never easy. No one said it was.
And no, this isn't a poem. I'm not bitching. I am here to write about my experience and how I've grown. This blog addresses inner growth, new adventures, sometimes hardship and emotional suffering, and finding my place in the crazy world of college.
Some information about myself:
I am a senior. My major is International Affairs (though I've never been super involved and stoked about it). I have traveled to Cuba, Lebanon, Sweden, the Netherlands and Germany. I consider myself a well-rounded person, however there are certainly aspects that need improvement. I enjoy creative activities that give me some sort of outlet (i.e. biking, drawing, playing Mandolin, etc.). I am thankful that I have become a more honest person over the years. And I am surrounded by amazing friends and family, of whom I all adore.
This past weekend, I realized two things about myself that I need to change in the near future: 1. Accepting that I am not overweight like I have always thought I have been, and 2. Stop needing attention.
There. I said it. Now I can breathe again.
My goal for this blog is to show people how they can rediscover themselves, if need be. And to help myself through helping others, whether its through creative inspiration, emotional pep talks or just straight up bitching. Whatever works. Tell me your thoughts. I want to know your obstacles, as well as what you do to cope with it. It's a two-way street.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Darrah
It is never easy. No one said it was.
And no, this isn't a poem. I'm not bitching. I am here to write about my experience and how I've grown. This blog addresses inner growth, new adventures, sometimes hardship and emotional suffering, and finding my place in the crazy world of college.
Some information about myself:
I am a senior. My major is International Affairs (though I've never been super involved and stoked about it). I have traveled to Cuba, Lebanon, Sweden, the Netherlands and Germany. I consider myself a well-rounded person, however there are certainly aspects that need improvement. I enjoy creative activities that give me some sort of outlet (i.e. biking, drawing, playing Mandolin, etc.). I am thankful that I have become a more honest person over the years. And I am surrounded by amazing friends and family, of whom I all adore.
This past weekend, I realized two things about myself that I need to change in the near future: 1. Accepting that I am not overweight like I have always thought I have been, and 2. Stop needing attention.
There. I said it. Now I can breathe again.
My goal for this blog is to show people how they can rediscover themselves, if need be. And to help myself through helping others, whether its through creative inspiration, emotional pep talks or just straight up bitching. Whatever works. Tell me your thoughts. I want to know your obstacles, as well as what you do to cope with it. It's a two-way street.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Darrah
No comments:
Post a Comment