Sometimes emotions come in waves.
Take, for instance, sadness.
The other night, I was fortunate enough to spend quality time with my friends. We were all hanging out on my back porch drinking beer and laughing. It was fantastic. We decided to go play pool at the Warehouse. A friend of a friend was there. He complemented my long black dress, let me choose songs on the Jukebox and insisted on teaching me new pool tricks. I was deeply flattered.
Later we were sitting on my porch. Somehow, the topic of rejection came up. He had been rejected from the Marines, and a girl had broken his heart. I suddenly realized I wasn't alone. Its a feeling of loss. We all encounter it at some point or another, in various forms. Whether its the loss of a relationship, a goal or a life. You have to lose something in order to gain. That is what I'm beginning to realize.
Take, for instance, sadness.
The other night, I was fortunate enough to spend quality time with my friends. We were all hanging out on my back porch drinking beer and laughing. It was fantastic. We decided to go play pool at the Warehouse. A friend of a friend was there. He complemented my long black dress, let me choose songs on the Jukebox and insisted on teaching me new pool tricks. I was deeply flattered.
Later we were sitting on my porch. Somehow, the topic of rejection came up. He had been rejected from the Marines, and a girl had broken his heart. I suddenly realized I wasn't alone. Its a feeling of loss. We all encounter it at some point or another, in various forms. Whether its the loss of a relationship, a goal or a life. You have to lose something in order to gain. That is what I'm beginning to realize.
Is this MY Darrah?
ReplyDeleteYes it is! Hello Mary! <3
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing like pool, Jukebox music and back porch conversations to soothe the soul.
ReplyDelete