It was one hell of a day yesterday. My dog that I've had since I was six was put to sleep. She had been experiencing sever dementia and couldn't control her hind legs when she walked. It was time for her to go. I do miss her. Reflecting upon this semester, I have had many losses. I am hoping that one day soon this will pass. I am ready to move on from the suffering. I suppose that is the first step.
Sweet Darrah. I just discovered your blog, and it is beautiful. I love reading your honest words and it feels good to know how you are doing, even if the times are hard for you right now.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear that Susie is gone. She was a sweet doggie. It's hard to lose a friend like that. And I'm sorry to hear about Alex too, but it will be okay. For now, just take pride in the fact that you can feel so much, even if the feelings are sadness or loneliness or hurt.
Well, I miss you. Keep having fun with those lovely friends and family.
P.S. I got your message when I was back in Asheville. I only stayed in Tally for a day and a half. There will be longer visits. I promise. And if you get a crazy hair to come visit me, that would be awesome too.
Much love, Jessie